My Post #14 – How Do You Make Your Gym Sessions More Productive? – Online Question

Community Discussion Post – Policy
Posted In: Workout – 04/12/2019
Posted By User: 4FR Mike4FR Mike

My Post #14 – How Do You Make Your Gym Sessions More Productive? – Online Question

Note that this is a casual community post, not an edited article. This is how I would answer the question, “How Do You Make Your Gym Session More Productive?

There are a lot of tips that can be offered here like, session duration, type of exercises, style of working out etc. However, I would like to focus on this answer from a personal level.

Advertisement

Focus When It Counts
I make myself productive at the gym by focusing when it counts. I see people miss this opportunity all of the time. Most of the time at the gym I am resting, listening to my music, stretching, swinging and warming up limbs, doing a warmup set etc. Most of my time at the gym is filled up doing things between the very few moments that it actually counts. With that in mind, when it is time to focus, I really focus and I am give my working sets the energy and focus that they deserve. When it is time to reach a new high personal record, I really, really focus and do my best to make it happen. It is my opinion that my ability to do this consistently, not every time, but consistently, helps me achieve above average results.

So what else makes my workout productive? There are a lot of small tips but the big tip inside the gym is focusing for the sets that count. The other tips that make my success possible are simpler habits like getting to the gym consistently, eating well consistently, getting enough protein consistently etc. Consistency is rule number one for a reason.

These simple, simple concepts are the big missing ingredient for a lot of people and these literally are the reasons I am lean and strong, naturally, all year round. Focus and safe intensity making those working sets count is a big strategy for me!

Advertisement

When replying please be kind, respectful, positive, supportive and helpful! Community Policy. 🙂

Leave a comment